Business Visitor Visa
UK Immigration Solicitors are a team of qualified, specialist immigration solicitors covering the whole of the UK as a national law firm, and providing market-leading legal representation to anyone across the world. Thousands of people visit the UK on business each year to attend conferences and training, participate in arts and sports events, as part of academic research, and many other reasons.
Our clients benefit from a truly bespoke service and representation tailored their specific case, ensuring the best possible chance of securing the visit visa that they require. The UK is a wealthy, vibrant business hub of the world, always actively seeking to draw people to work with us from the around the world. However, that also means that immigration law guidelines have had to be made increasingly more complex.
We will ensure that your application to visit the UK and engage in your short term business is submitted with all the right documentation and information for the decision makers to consider. Having a qualified solicitor help you to prepare your application is a vital step towards the peace of mind you need to be more confident that it will be accepted on the first application.
Why choose UK Immigration Solicitors?
- Expert legal advice: over 50 years of combined expertise from an award winning solicitors firm;
- Individual Service: professional legal advice tailored to your specific needs, no matter where you are in the world;
- Affordable: fixed payment plan with no hidden extra fees;
- Peace of mind: all of our solicitors are qualified UK immigration solicitors and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority;
- Confidence: we are proud members of Immigration Law Practitioners Association.
If you visit the UK on business
You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for business-related activities, eg:
- you’re coming to the UK for a conference, meeting or training;
- you want to take part in a specific sports-related event;
- you’re an artist, entertainer or musician and coming to the UK to perform;
- you’re an academic and are doing research or accompanying students on a study abroad programme;
- you’re a doctor or dentist and are coming to the UK to take a clinical attachment or observer post;
- you want to take the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test or sit the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE);
- you want to get funding to start, take over, join or run a business in the UK.
What to do if your visitor visa application has been refused
UK Immigration Solicitors successfully contest visit visa refusals every day and our specialist team can advise you on exactly what to do. Although you have no right to appeal, if you think that the decision is wrong, unfair, or has failed to take all your individual circumstances into account, you may be eligible for a Judicial Review. Our expert solicitors can represent you through this process, but you must act quickly as there are strict time limits. The general guidance that you can find on the internet might be able to answer some of your questions, but what we will do is look at your application and refusal in great detail so that we can advise you as an individual as to the merits of your case.
General Standard Visitor visa eligibility
In addition to the criteria for Medical Visitor Visas, you or your family member will need to satisfy the standard eligibility for visitors, so do be sure to check these, too.
You must always show that:
- you’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit;
- you’re able to support yourself and any dependents for the duration of your trip;
- you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey and any other costs relating to your visit;
- you have proof of any business or other activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by the Visitor Rules.
If you’re applying for a long-term visit visa
You must always show that:
- you have a frequent and ongoing need to come to the UK;
- the reason why you need to come to the UK is unlikely to change while your visitor visa is valid;
- you plan to leave the UK at the end of each visit.
Long Term Business and Work Visas
Business Visitor visas are intended as short stay options for events, projects, training, and so on. If you require advice and representation for longer stay business or work visas please refer to our “Work & Study” and “Business” tabs on our main menu.
Call us now to begin a free assessment of your Immigration matter.
0203 3844389 if you are in the UK or 0044203 3844389 if you are outside the UK.