Civil Partnership Visa
UK Immigration Solicitors are a team of highly qualified, very experienced, specialist solicitors who are market-leaders in all areas of UK immigration law. With a proven track record of success, we provide confidence and peace of mind to you and your family when applying for a Civil Partnership Visa.
Our team of expert solicitors is committed to supporting family values and genuinely appreciates the challenges that people face in ensuring their loved ones are able to come to the UK, or to remain and settle with their civil partner and family.
However, UK immigration law is very complicated and always changing, so it is difficult to keep up-to-date with all the requirements and eligibility to apply. General information is available online, but there are many small details in the full rules that require the keen eye of a qualified solicitor.
Why choose UK Immigration Solicitors?
- Expert legal advice: over 50 years of combined expertise from an award winning solicitors firm;
- Individual Service: professional legal advice tailored to your specific needs, no matter where you are in the world;
- Affordable: fixed payment plan with no hidden extra fees;
- Peace of mind: all of our solicitors are qualified UK immigration solicitors and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority;
- Confidence: we are proud members of Immigration Law Practitioners Association.
Contact us now for your
No obligation free assessment
Your FREE assessment call will be with an immigration specialist who will give you an accurate and honest appraisal of your civil partnership visa situation based on the information you provide. We don’t do “guess work,” and we don’t make false promises based on statistics. The more detailed and specific you are with all the information you provide, the more accurate we can be with our appraisal of your case.
If we’re already in a civil partnership, will getting a visa be simple?
The UK places strict guidelines on visa applications in order to limit the number of people coming to the country for any reason, and especially when that involves work, study or potentially permanent settlement. The UKVI (Home Office) will never take the time to get to know you and your individual circumstances like we will: they will just look for the slightest mistake or missing piece of evidence on a visa application which will almost certainly lead to it being refused. As soon as you have had one refusal, appeals and future applications become increasingly more complicated.
UK Immigration Solicitors have a clear goal: to achieve a successful visa application on the first attempt. We are market-leaders in this industry because everyone who comes to us is provided with a bespoke service, tailored to their individual needs. Working in close partnership with you, we can ensure that your application is prepared in full detail, meeting all the eligibility criteria in order to satisfy the UKVI guidelines.
You can be absolutely confident when dealing with us that we have you and your family’s best interests in mind, and that everyone receives the same service no matter where they are in the world.
Your partner or family member must have one of the following:
- British citizenship;
- settlement in the UK;
- asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK.
You must also prove that:
- you’re 18 or over, unless you’re applying as a child;
- your relationship to your family member is genuine and recognised in the UK, eg your marriage is legal in your country;
- you intend to continue living with your family member or partner in the UK after you apply (unless you’re a parent who has access to the child);
- you and your family will have an adequate place to live in the UK;
- you have a good knowledge of English if you’re 18 or over – unless you’re applying as an adult dependent relative.
Your application might be refused if, for example, you’ve:
- got a criminal record in the UK or in another country;
- provided false or incomplete information to the Home Office.
Read the full guidance on refusals.
Joining your partner
You must prove that you and your partner are 18 or over and in a genuine relationship and that you are registered as civil partners.
You must also meet the financial requirement of:
- £18,600 per year if you’re applying only for yourself;
- £22,400 per year for you and one child;
- £2,400 per year for each additional child.
You won’t need to prove you have this money if you or your partner get certain disability benefits or Carer’s Allowance, but you’ll need to adequately accommodate and support yourselves and any dependants.
UK Immigration Solicitors can advise you on your financial eligibility in much greater detail as there are additional complex calculations that can be made if you do not meet the income threshold. Call us now to find out more about this issue.
UK Immigration Solicitors – The 4 step process:
Step 1 - Free Assessment:
Step 1 – Free Assessment: As soon as you make that call or fill in our online form we will assess the general merits of your case in accordance with the UKVI Policy Guidelines, which you can find on the Gov.UK website. We can explain the requirements in an way that is easy to understand, and advise you on how your case might be affected. This first assessment is intended to establish whether we believe your case is one that has enough merit for a successful application.
(Step 2 - Preparing your Case)
Step 2 – Preparing your Case: Once you have instructed us, we will begin with a consultation conducted between you and your dedicated solicitor where you will discuss all of the intricate detail, material facts, and strategies relative to your individual circumstances.
Your application is partly dependent on the specified evidence you provide to support your application. Your solicitor will:
- Ensure the advice given to you is specific to your unique circumstances;
- Advise you of all the documentation that you need to provide which is relevant and precise to your individual case;
- Collate the documentation chronologically and in a way that clearly demonstrates to the decision maker that your application meets all the eligibility criteria to fully satisfy the UKVI requirements;
- Prepare supporting legal submissions which make clear how your application satisfies the rules in all of the relevant paragraphs of the UK Immigration Rules framework.
(Step 3 - Free Assessment)
Step 3 Keeping you up to date: Your solicitor will update you on the progress of your case at every stage of the process. This might be to gather extra information from you, or to let you know of any developments in your case, such as: responses from the UKVI; progress made in tribunals or hearings, and so on.
(Step 2 - Preparing your Case)
Step 4 Answering questions: UK Immigration Solicitors support you throughout your entire case. Your dedicated solicitor is always on hand to answer any questions or concerns you have and will continue to advise you every step of the way. You don’t need to be an expert because we are here to do that job for you.
Same Sex Relationships
Depending on your personal circumstances, you might find it useful to refer to the details provided one of our other pages shown below. If you are unsure which visa is most suitable to you, call us today for a FREE assessment:
- Spouse/ Married Visa
- Fiance Visa
- Unmarried Visa
- EEA Family Permits
- Marriage Visitor Visa
Call us now to begin a free assessment of your Immigration matter.
0203 3844389 if you are in the UK or 0044203 3844389 if you are outside the UK.