Family Visitor Visa
UK Immigration Solicitors are a team of qualified, specialist immigration solicitors providing market-leading legal representation to anyone across the world. We have the experience and knowledge to assist you with any Family Visit visa application and can guide you through the whole process, helping you avoid the kinds of mistakes that can lead to refusals.
In this modern, global world, we take international travel for granted and enjoy travelling to spend time with our families. At the same time, immigration law is constantly changing and the UK immigration rules are getting increasingly strict. It is very easy to make a mistake one what appears to be a simple application form because the rules that are used to make the decision are far more complicated than the guidelines easily accessible online. Of course you can find all the laws online, but it takes expert knowledge to know how to use them.
Why choose UK Immigration Solicitors?
- Expert legal advice: over 50 years of combined expertise from an award winning solicitors firm;
- Individual Service: professional legal advice tailored to your specific needs, no matter where you are in the world;
- Affordable: fixed payment plan with no hidden extra fees;
- Peace of mind: all of our solicitors are qualified UK immigration solicitors and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority;
- Confidence: we are proud members of Immigration Law Practitioners Association.
Contact us now for your no obligation free assessment
General Eligibility for Standard Visit visa (including family)
You must always show that:
- you’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit;
- you’re able to support yourself and any dependents for the duration of your trip;
- you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey and any other costs relating to your visit;
- you have proof of any business or other activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by the Visitor Rules.
If you’re applying for a long-term visit visa
You must prove that:
- you have a frequent and ongoing need to come to the UK;
- the reason why you need to come to the UK is unlikely to change while your visitor visa is valid;
- you plan to leave the UK at the end of each visit.
You may be given a visa for a shorter period than requested if you don’t do this. You won’t get a refund of the application fee if you get a shorter visa or your application is refused.
What you can and can’t do
- take part in any of the business-related activities mentioned in the Visitor Rules;
- study for up to 30 days, as long as it’s not the main reason for your visit;
- take part in an exchange programme or educational visit (if you’re under 18);
- convert your civil partnership into a marriage.
- do paid or unpaid work;
- live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits;
- get public funds;
- marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership.
Read the guidance for more information about what you can and can’t do with a Standard Visitor visa.
What to do if your visitor visa application has been refused
UK Immigration Solicitors successfully contest visit visa refusals every day and our specialist team can advise you on exactly what to do. Although you have no right to appeal, if you think that the decision is wrong, unfair, or has failed to take all your individual circumstances into account, you may be eligible for a Judicial Review. Our expert solicitors can represent you through this process, but you must act quickly as there are strict time limits. The general guidance that you can find on the internet might be able to answer some of your questions, but what we will do is look at your application and refusal in great detail so that we can advise you as an individual as to the merits of your case.
Call us now to begin a free assessment of your Immigration matter.
0203 3844389 from inside the UK or 0044203 3844389 from outside the UK.