Right of Abode (ROA)
UK Immigration Solicitors are a highly experienced team of fully qualified, specialist immigration solicitors who handle nationwide and global cases every day. Whether it is a simple visit visa application or a more complex issue of Rights of Abode, our solicitors deal with every individual case based on specific details and merits, giving bespoke advice to each of our clients. If you need support with your application, you will benefit from our expert services.
There is a range of general immigration advice that you can easily access online, but UK immigration law is very complex and always changing. Having a qualified solicitor deal with your case ensures that your application will be submitted and represented to the highest standard, giving you the best possible chance of success. Each case is unique and has its own individual set of circumstances, and often it is the specific details that the UKVI decision makers use that result in many refusals.
A general overview and eligibility guide is given below as a simple introduction to Rights of Abode that apply to everyone, but to find out how they apply to your personal situation call us for a Free initial assessment, with no obligation.
Having right of abode means you’re allowed to live or work in the UK without any immigration restrictions, which means:
- you won’t need a visa to come to the UK;
- there’s no limit on the length of time you can spend in the country.
All British Citizens automatically have right of abode in the UK. Some Commonwealth citizens may also have right of abode. You can prove you have right of abode if you have a UK passport describing you as:
- a British citizen; or
- a British subject with Right of Abode (ROA).
Otherwise you need to apply for a ‘certificate of entitlement’.
Note: There has been no change to the rights and status of EU nationals in the UK, and UK nationals in the EU, as a result of the 2016 referendum.
Why choose UK Immigration Solicitors?
- Expert legal advice: over 50 years of combined expertise from an award winning solicitors firm;
- Individual Service: professional legal advice tailored to your specific needs, no matter where you are in the world;
- Affordable: fixed payment plan with no hidden extra fees;
- Peace of mind: all of our solicitors are qualified UK immigration solicitors and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority;
- Confidence: we are proud members of Immigration Law Practitioners Association.
Is your case an urgent one?
You might be in an especially difficult circumstances, such as being detained or facing deportation. When your case is urgent and you have been refused right to appeal, you need to be confident that your case is handled by a qualified solicitor, rather than simply an advisor. Even the slightest mistake made can have a profound effect on the outcome, and only qualified solicitors have the knowledge and experience to correctly refer to the details in both UK immigration and EHCR laws.
Call us now to begin a free assessment of your Immigration matter.
0203 3844389 if you are in the UK or 0044203 3844389 if you are outside the UK.
Alternatively, click below to send us your enquiry