Short-term Study visa

UK Immigration Solicitors are a team of expert, specialist solicitors who are market-leaders in all areas of UK immigration law. With a proven track record of success, we provide a bespoke service to each of our clients. Going far above and beyond simply providing advice, as a fully qualified and accredited law firm delivering a global service, we will fully represent your case in close partnership with you.

There are a number of different routes into gaining a visa to study in the UK and it is important that you apply to the right one. Making an incorrect application will result in a refusal, which could not only cost significant amounts of money, it could make it more difficult to get a visa at a later date.  Having the support of an expert, qualified solicitor will help you make your application as strong as it can be.

Call us now for more information.

Why choose UK Immigration Solicitors?

  • Expert legal advice: over 50 years of combined expertise from an award winning solicitors firm;
  • Individual Service: professional legal advice tailored to your specific needs, no matter where you are in the world;
  • Affordable: fixed payment plan with no hidden extra fees;
  • Peace of mind: all of our solicitors are qualified UK immigration solicitors and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority;
  • Confidence: we are proud members of Immigration Law Practitioners Association.

Please see below for some general guidance for applications taken from the Gov.UK website.  Although the information is good general advice, in order to get more specific detail to make the application, or to find out how any individual circumstances you have might affect your application, please call us today and we assess the merits of your application in just one call.


You can apply for the Tier 4 (Child) student visa if you’re child is aged between 4 and 17 and you want them to study at an independent school in the UK.

  • have a place on a course;
  • have the consent of from you or a guardian;
  • have enough money to cover the course fees and living costs;
  • be from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland;
  • meet all the eligibility requirements.

What you can and can’t do

You can:

  • study at an independent school;
  • apply from outside the UK;
  • apply to extend your stay.

You can also work, if you’re 16 or over:

  • part-time during term for up to 10 hours per week;
  • full-time during vacations;
  • on a work placement as part of your course, (but not for more than 50% of your course time);
  • as a student union sabbatical officer for up to 2 years.

You can’t:

  • study at an academy or a local authority-funded school (also known as a maintained school) or further education college;
  • get public funds;
  • take a full-time permanent job or be self-employed;
  • work as a doctor or dentist in training;
  • work as a professional sportsperson (eg a sports coach) or entertainer;
  • settle in the UK on this visa;
  • bring in family members (‘dependants’) – if your parents want to accompany you, they’ll need to apply for a Parent of a Tier 4 (Child) visa.

Read the full guidance on the Tier 4 (Child) student visa.


You must have:

  • an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor;
  • enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – this will vary depending on your circumstances.

You should read the guidance for the full list of documents and how much money you’ll need according to your situation.

  • Priority Call Back Request
Call: 0203 384 4389

Call us now to begin a free assessment of your Immigration matter.
0203 3844389 if you are in the UK or 0044203 3844389 if you are outside the UK.
Alternatively, click below to send us your enquiry

Contact Us – Free Assessment