Tier 2 General Visa
UK Immigration Solicitors are a team of expert, specialist solicitors who are market-leaders in all areas of UK immigration law. With a proven track record of success, we provide a bespoke service to each of our clients. Going far above and beyond simply providing advice, as a fully qualified and accredited law firm delivering a global service, we will fully represent your case in close partnership with you.
Professional solicitors delivering a professional service to professional people.
The wide range of professional opportunities in the UK is an attractive prospect for thousands of people every year, whether they are looking to work for, or start their own small, private companies, or joining one of the leading FTSE 500 companies represented in our major cities such as London, Manchester and Birmingham. There also many public services and skilled labour careers that need to recruit the best people.
However, that means it is also a highly competitive working market, especially for skilled non-EEA people. UK immigration is a complex and constantly changing area of law and it takes a lot more than just the general advice found online to fully satisfy the UKVI (Home Office) requirements in order to apply for a work visa. That is why getting the right legal advice is essential for ensuring your application is prepared with the best chances of success, first time.
CONTACT US NOW FOR YOUR NO OBLIGATION FREE ASSESSMENT
Why choose UK Immigration Solicitors?
- Expert legal advice: over 50 years of combined expertise from an award winning solicitors firm;
- Individual Service: professional legal advice tailored to your specific needs, no matter where you are in the world;
- Affordable: fixed payment plan with no hidden extra fees;
- Peace of mind: all of our solicitors are qualified UK immigration solicitors and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority;
- Confidence: we are proud members of Immigration Law Practitioners Association.
General Eligibility Criteria for Tier 2 (General) visa
- a certificate of sponsorship reference number
- an ‘appropriate’ salary
- the required level of English
You must also have £945 in savings – this is to prove you can support yourself. You must have had this in your bank account for 90 days before you apply, unless you’re exempt.
Sponsorship for your Tier 2 Visa
A certificate of sponsorship is a reference number which holds information about the job and your personal details, and is provided by your sponsor. You will need to add your reference number to your Tier 2 application form, and you can only use it once.
(Your certificate of sponsorship is valid for 3 months from the date it’s assigned to you.)
Click HERE for more information about sponsorship.
The job you’re offered must pay £20,800 or more, unless your current or last permission to stay in the UK is as:
- a Tier 2 (General) migrant before 6 April 2011
- a Jewish agency employee
- operational ground staff of an overseas-owned airline
- a minister of religion, missionary or member of a religious order
- a representative of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation
- a work permit holder
- an unregistered nurse but your salary will be at least £16,271 while you’re doing your supervised practice or £21,478 after you have Nursing and Midwifery Council registration – and you’ll still be sponsored as a nurse by the same sponsor after you’re registered
Switching to this visa
You can apply to switch from another visa to this visa as long as you do this before your current visa expires, and you satisfy the eligibility criteria. To find out more about switching, call us today.
Call us now to begin a free assessment of your Immigration matter.
0203 3844389 if you are in the UK or 0044203 3844389 if you are outside the UK.
Alternatively, click below to send us your enquiry