Tier 4 Student (Child) Visa
UK Immigration Solicitors are a team of expert, specialist solicitors who are market-leaders in all areas of UK immigration law. With a proven track record of success, we provide a bespoke service to each of our clients. Going far above and beyond simply providing advice, as a fully qualified and accredited law firm delivering a global service, we will fully represent your case in close partnership with you.
Professional solicitors delivering a professional service to the professionals of the future.
The UK has one of the oldest, most respected education systems in the world, with world-leading universities and private schools who are oversubscribed with applications every year. It is a very competitive industry so it is very important that you have your child’s visa in place at the earliest possible time so as not to negatively impact on your child’s school place.
Our team of expert solicitors are fully qualified and accredited experts who will support and represent you throughout the application process, giving you the reassurance that there will be no unnecessary mistakes and potentially costly refusals getting in the way of your child’s education in the UK.
Call us now so we can help you open the doors to your child’s future.
Why choose UK Immigration Solicitors?
- Expert legal advice: over 50 years of combined expertise from an award winning solicitors firm;
- Individual Service: professional legal advice tailored to your specific needs, no matter where you are in the world;
- Affordable: fixed payment plan with no hidden extra fees;
- Peace of mind: all of our solicitors are qualified UK immigration solicitors and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority;
- Confidence: we are proud members of Immigration Law Practitioners Association.
Please see below for some general guidance for applications taken from the Gov.UK website. Although the information is good general advice, in order to get more specific detail to make the application, or to find out how any individual circumstances you have might affect your application, please call us today and we assess the merits of your application in just one call.
You can apply for the Tier 4 (Child) student visa if you’re child is aged between 4 and 17 and you want them to study at an independent school in the UK.
- have a place on a course;
- have the consent of from you or a guardian;
- have enough money to cover the course fees and living costs;
- be from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland;
- meet all the eligibility requirements.
What you can and can’t do
- study at an independent school;
- apply from outside the UK;
- apply to extend your stay.
You can also work, if you’re 16 or over:
- part-time during term for up to 10 hours per week;
- full-time during vacations;
- on a work placement as part of your course, (but not for more than 50% of your course time);
- as a student union sabbatical officer for up to 2 years.
- study at an academy or a local authority-funded school (also known as a maintained school) or further education college;
- get public funds;
- take a full-time permanent job or be self-employed;
- work as a doctor or dentist in training;
- work as a professional sportsperson (eg a sports coach) or entertainer;
- settle in the UK on this visa;
- bring in family members (‘dependants’) – if your parents want to accompany you, they’ll need to apply for a Parent of a Tier 4 (Child) visa.
Read the full guidance on the Tier 4 (Child) student visa.
You must have:
- an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor;
- enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – this will vary depending on your circumstances.
You should read the guidance for the full list of documents and how much money you’ll need according to your situation.
Call us now to begin a free assessment of your Immigration matter.
0203 3844389 if you are in the UK or 0044203 3844389 if you are outside the UK.
Alternatively, click below to send us your enquiry