Tier 5 Temporary Worker Visa

UK Immigration Solicitors are a team of expert, specialist solicitors who are market-leaders in all areas of UK immigration law. With a proven track record of success, we provide a bespoke service to each of our clients. Going far above and beyond simply providing advice, as a fully qualified and accredited law firm delivering a global service, we will fully represent your case in close partnership with you.

Tier 5 Temporary visas are intended for people who wish to travel to the UK and undertake a specific short term job of no more than 12 months.  It is possible to extend this stay, or switch to other visas, but if you know you are going to do that you might want to consider other routes, such as the Tier 2 visas.

Securing a work visa in the UK can be a challenging process and our expert solicitors are here to help you through the process. Even the smallest mistake in your application can lead it to it being refused, which could prove to have severe implications for your temporary work.

Call us now to begin your free assessment and more information.

Why choose UK Immigration Solicitors?

  • Expert legal advice: over 50 years of combined expertise from an award winning solicitors firm;
  • Individual Service: professional legal advice tailored to your specific needs, no matter where you are in the world;
  • Affordable: fixed payment plan with no hidden extra fees;
  • Peace of mind: all of our solicitors are qualified UK immigration solicitors and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority;
  • Confidence: we are proud members of Immigration Law Practitioners Association.

Categories of Temporary worker

There are many different categories to the Tier 5 Temporary Worker visa, and some have more specific eligibility criteria than others.

  • Charity Worker
  • Creative and Sporting
  • Government Authorised Exchange
  • International Agreement
  • Religious worker
  • Youth Mobility Scheme


You must have both of the following:

  • a certificate of sponsorship reference number from your UK sponsor;
  • £945 in savings – this is to prove you can support yourself and you must have had this in your bank account for 90 days before you apply.

You won’t need £945 in savings if your fully approved (‘A-rated’)sponsor has stated on your certificate of sponsorship that they’ll certify your maintenance and that you won’t claim benefits during your stay.

Certificate of sponsorship

A certificate of sponsorship is a reference number which holds information about the job and your personal details, and your sponsor will provide you with this. They must also give you some other information to help you to apply, eg your working hours. You’ll need to add your certificate of sponsorship reference number to your application form, and you can only use it once.

Multiple entry

Your sponsor can give you a multiple entry certificate of sponsorship so you can leave and return to the UK.

What you can and can’t do

You can:

  • study (for some courses you’ll need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate);
  • work in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship;
  • do a second job for up to 20 hours per week;
  • do a job on the Tier 2 shortage occupation list for up to 20 hours per week as well as your main job;
  • apply to change (‘switch’) into a Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa if you’re in the government authorised exchange scheme for sponsored researchers;

You can’t:

  • take a permanent job;
  • get public funds.

Call us now to begin a free assessment of your Immigration matter.
0203 3844389 if you are in the UK or 0044203 3844389 if you are outside the UK.
Alternatively, click below to send us your enquiry

Contact Us – Free Assessment

  • Priority Call Back Request
Call: 0203 384 4389